Event: Onboarding Community FOLIO Developers
Time: Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 11:00AM EST / 1600 GMT
In this recording, Matt Connolly from Cornell University follows a path to installing FOLIO components that is now deprecated and the new process is much simpler. We recommend new developers follow the FOLIO Developers Curriculum if they intend to see how all of the pieces fit together and start developing new modules. Alternatively, developers can use the pre-built Vagrant boxes to see the current state of FOLIO development without needing to build all of the individual components.
Recording Available Here (Note: Session already in progress when recording starts)
Calling all software developers!
Are you a software developer interested in contributing to FOLIO? Are you just curious about this project and what participation might entail? Everyone is welcome! No commitment is necessary.
At this FOLIO Forum you will:
- Learn about the FOLIO project and its structure
- Learn about the various tools being used by the developers
- Learn how to install the FOLIO platform on your development computer
- Learn how to locate tasks that are available to be worked on
There will be plenty of time for questions.
- Jakub Skoczen – Index Data, FOLIO Technical Project Manager
- Holly Mistlebauer – Cornell University, OLE Project Manager
- Matt Connolly – Cornell University, OLE FOLIO Developer
Please use the hashtag #FOLIOforum on social media for these events.
A recording of this Forum will be made available on the OLE website.